Moving from Auckland to Wellington
Are you moving from Auckland to Wellington? If so, you will need movers who will make the move as smooth and hassle-free as possible. There are a lot of things to do for such a move, so the last thing you want to worry about is lugging boxes about, trying to get the fridge out the front door, and transporting all your belongings to your new home in the new city.
You can leave all those things to us at Express Movers. We’ll look after the heavy lifting, the logistics of moving your belongings, and all the transportation.
We have experience of intercity moves, including moving people from Auckland to Wellington. This experience includes everything from single-person households to six-plus bedroom family homes.
With our fleet of trucks and experienced crews, we’ll be able to put together a customised solution that will ensure your move is as efficient and cost-effective as possible. Our expert team will be able to give you more advice on our recommendations to meet your timescales and keep your costs to a minimum.
This is one of the things that sets us apart from our competition in the removals industry. Other companies look at jobs where people are moving from Auckland to Wellington as an opportunity to charge higher than necessary prices. At Express Movers, however, trust and honesty are important to us, so we do the opposite, i.e. we’ll do what we can to keep your costs as low as possible.
The standard of service that we offer sets us apart from the competition too. From the moment you first get in touch with us, you will be treated professionally. We’ll look after your belongings as well.
Auckland to Wellington Movers Services
At Express Movers, we offer a full range of services if you are moving from Auckland to Wellington. Here’s what you get when you come to us:
- An experienced move manager will be appointed to co-ordinate your move.
- We have a range of trucks with different sizes available, so we will have an option to suit your requirements.
- All our trucks are modern and well maintained.
- Our crews are vetted and are well trained.
- We use the latest moving equipment to protect your belongings, ensure the safety of our crews, and make the process of moving as efficient as possible.
- We’ll pack your belongings on our truck in a way that maximises the space while also ensuring everything is protected. We use blankets, wrap, and straps to keep everything in place while it is on the truck.
- At your new Wellington home, we’ll put each box and item in the room you specify and can help you unpack the boxes you need immediately.
Get a Quote for Moving from Auckland to Wellington
At Express Movers, we have tried and tested processes in place for customers moving from Auckland to Wellington. This allows us to keep our prices as low as possible. Call us today on 0800 333177 or complete the contact form on this page to get a quote.
Moving from Auckland to Wellington Checklist
Moving to a new house is a big undertaking, but the distances involved when moving from Auckland to Wellington make it even more important to have an effective plan in place. This checklist will help.
Preparing for the Move
- Book a professional moving company. It is important to do this early to ensure you get the dates you want and the company you want. Remember also that a move from Auckland to Wellington will take multiple days, making it even more important to book the moving company early.
- Make sure there is insurance in place for the move. Your moving company will sort this out, but you will have paperwork to complete too.
- Do a clear out to get rid of anything in your home that you don’t really need. This will save you time and money packing and transporting it to Wellington.
- Decide what to do with flammable materials in your house as you may not be able to bring them with you to Wellington. Moving companies typically don’t transport flammable materials, and it is recommended that you don’t transport them either. Examples include paint, petrol, turps, etc. You have two main options for these materials – either leave them in the house for the new owners or dispose of them.
- Start packing as early as you can, particularly the items in your home which you don’t need or use on a daily basis. Put everything in boxes so they are easier to load into the removals truck and label every box.
- Make arrangements for someone to look after your children during the move.
- Redirect or discontinue services at your current address. This includes things like telephone, internet, pay TV, electricity, gas, etc. Many of these services will have a cancellation period, so you will need to sort them out in advance to ensure you are not out of pocket.
- Pack all your jewellery as it will need to be transported with you rather than with the moving company.
- Change your address with relevant organisations and companies. Examples include the electoral registrar, Inland Revenue, your bank, the insurance companies you use, credit card companies, etc. Also, activate a redirection on your post at the post office.
The Days Before Moving Day
- Start running down the food in your fridge and freezer. This may mean dining out, eating take away food, or shopping for food by the day in the days leading up to moving day. Then, the day before the move, defrost your fridge and freezer.
- Drain and dispose of petrol from your lawnmower and any other power tools you have.
- Label as “Priority” the boxes you will need as soon as you get to the new house.
- Plan the clothes you will wear as there will be a few days when you may not have access to a washing machine.
- If appliances like your washing machine, dishwasher, and dryer are coming with you, get them disconnected so they are ready to be moved.
- Get the kids to whoever will be looking after them during the move.
- Plan your own transportation to the new house in Wellington.
- Clean your house. This is important if you live in rented accommodation as you will need to leave the property in as good a condition as possible to get your bond back.